Finding a Forever Home
True Animal Rescue Stories
Bob Barker, former game-show host, springs a bear from jail. Angel, a rescued dog, has a psychic connection with her owner. A therapy horse becomes the confidante for an abused little girl. These are only a few of the captivating and memorable true animal rescue stories found in Finding a Forever Home.
Two years ago, inspired by my stepdad’s animal rescue ranch, that he started in Montana when he retired as editor of Mad Magazine, I began to gather true animal rescue stories from no-kill, non-profit shelters and sanctuaries across the country. After hundreds of interviews and 311 pages, Finding a Forever Home was born.
My goal is that this book increases public awareness of animal abuse and motivates volunteerism, donations, fostering and pet adoptions by subtly educating through entertaining real-life stories. Unless you are part of the world of rescue, you have no idea the extent of this epidemic problem.
Some of the captivating, inspiring and, sometimes, infuriating stories found in the book:
- Two puppies, separated at birth, were miraculously reunited years later at a shelter and instantly bonded.
- Humorous bird rescues gone wrong.
- A little girl shares something very important with her new cat; they both were adopted on the same day!
- A goat who thinks he is a llama.
- An autistic boy, while working with a rescued horse, improved his communication to where he was no longer considered autistic.
Did you know?
- Black-furred animals are the last to be rescued and first to be euthanized. [infopopup:black]
- Rabbits can die from heart attacks just by being picked up. [infopopup:rabbit]
- You can make a difference in an animal's life. [infopopup:help]
Each heroic tale was carefully written to bring the rescue to life.